HELLLLLLOOOOOO ALEX! Your New Seattle City Manager
Greetings and salutations darling Seattleites!
As you might have noticed from the recent tweet-splosion, SideCar Seattle finally found itself a little City Manager… ME! Aside from being stoked to be a part of the rapidly changing transportation scene in Seattle, I am super excited to get to know all of you. I am here to calm your ridesharing fears and grant your ridesharing wishes as we grow our SideCar family. Gush, gush, gush.
Before I tell you a bit about me, I want to take a minute to rap at you about collaborative consumption and the shared economy. Affectionately hashtagged #CollCons, collaborative consumption describes the rapidly growing peer-to-peer marketplace where lending, sharing, trading, renting and swapping reign supreme. More or less, peeps reinventing the way they live by coming together in their communities to share resources. There is a whole crew of us all around the world who believe by doing this we can all live more effective, sustainable lives. I like to think of it as the case for collaboration.
Okay, now… drumroll… here are 10 facts all about me!
- I am a big sustainability nerd. I have worked at the EPA and Zipcar, and volunteered for a number of other orgs focused on preserving Mama Nature. Shout out to the Duwamish River Watershed and People for Puget Sound!
- I was born in Rhode Island, and miss it there wiiiiicked bad. I am also a big Red Sox fan and even ended a date early once after discovering he was a Yankees fan. (Don’t worry, after we got on the subject of Jeter he was ready to go home too.)
- I saw The Dark Knight Rises in theaters 3 times, and have watched it an additional 4 times since it came to DVD. I own a Bane mask and like to casually wear it around while I practice speaking in my Bane voice.
- I love shoes. When it comes to high heels, I believe anything below 4 inches just isn’t tryin’.
- It is very likely I was born in the wrong time period. Jim Morrison is my spirit animal.
- Before making almost all decisions, I ask myself: WHAT WOULD BEYONCE DO?
- The quickest way to my heart is through a meme. Or, delicious food.
- I once ate two pints of Molly Moon’s ice cream. Maybe I didn’t feel so good, but it didn’t change my affections toward Molly or her ice cream.
- Yoga is my thing. It keeps me grounded and it keeps me open. The first time I went to hauteyoga queen anne it changed my life! I also gotta thank the studio for helping me discover “The Four Agreements”. Read it if you haven’t.
- I consider myself an expert on the rules governing monsters. Zombies are my specialty so if you plan on surviving the zombie apocalypse, I am your girl. I have got a plan.
What can I say? I’m a mixed bag. I look forward to being the number one resource for y’all as you explore the wonders of SideCar and sharing here in Seattle. We have SO many great things in store. If we haven’t met yet, I look forward to the day that we do. Don’t hesitate to holler if you ever see me out and about! Until next time…
Your SideCar Seattle City Manager